Hello SUNDAY! Today I wanted to share with you this awesome idea I came across on Pinterest. It’s a hand painted bible that I did for Remi’s Baptism. I wanted to give her a bible, but I thought it would be so special if it was made just for her! I did choose a children’s bible with all the stories her and I can begin to read together now! But you can totally do this with any hardcover bible or book!
This is a super simple project that does not require too many steps! Here is everything you will need:
- An assortment of paints- I used Acrylic ones as shown above!
- Mod Podge- For this project I use a mix of matte and the gloss so the book had a very subtle shine to it.
- A hard cover bible or book
- Paint Brushes including foam brush for Mod Podge
- Optional: Stencils or vinyl (which I used). You can also totally free hand everything! My handwriting is nothing special, which is why I opted to plug in my Cricut and print out a vinyl saying.
Now, the process was pretty straight forward so here is what you will want to do:
- Clean off the cover of the book with some rubbing alcohol and let it dry.
- Next apply the first layer of paint, let it dry and repeat as many times as necessary. Since I chose a Children’s Bible there was a picture on the front so it was a little harder to cover. If you are using a hard cover bible or book that is a solid cover it will not take as many layers.
- Once the base color is dry I applied one coat of Mod Podge and let it dry.
- Next add your details! This is where you can apply your vinyl, stencils, or freehand work!
- Once you let any paint dry that was added with your details you will want to add another coat or two of Mod Podge to really seal everything in so it won’t chip!
Thats it! I love how this turned out and look forward to making myself one next!!