Every time I need a Starbucks I also find myself needing one of their delicious Chocolate Cake pops! Well…. sometimes one is not enough!! This super easy recipe takes no time at all and you will have delicious cake pops at home, with plenty to share!!
What you will need:
- Boxed Chocolate cake mix with all the ingredients needed to make the cake (eggs, oil, etc)
- Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Chocolate Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Parchment paper
- Meatballer (optional)
Steps to make the cake pops:
- Prepare the cake as instructed on the box adding in the dark chocolate chips, once it is done let it cool completely.
- Scrape the cake into a bowl and help break it up.
- Mix your frosting in (I do this 1/3 at a time)
- I use a meatballer tool but you can totally use your hands for this step! You want to form the cake into ball shapes and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Stick in a Cake Pop Stick.
- Place in the freezer for at least 20 min
- While the cake balls are in the freezer start melting your dark chocolate wafers.
- Pull out and start dipping the cake balls into the melted chocolate, once dipped add sprinkles if you want to!
- Place in fridge and enjoy!!